I Am Awesome
Nerdfighter. Shadowhunter. Slytherin. The Hunger Games fan. INTJ
It’s quite surprising to me that there are MBTI types out there who actually like INTJs and actively seek them out (seriously) so I thought we should list out all the “rules” to dating our type in order to make it easier for us to be understood.
I’ll start off:
- 90% of the time I don’t feel anything, so when you accuse me of being cold it isn’t because I’m suppressing emotions, it’s because I genuinely don’t have any feels at the moment. When I do, and if I trust you, I will open up to you. This doesn’t happen often, so when it does, know that these are real emotions and that I do like you enough to let you see me in so much distress.
- If I offend you in anyway, just tell me. Be blunt and honest about what I did and why it upset you and be rest assured I won’t do it again.
- If you come to me with a problem, I will try and help you fix it. I don’t like seeing you upset so of course my natural response is to alleviate your source of pain/distress. If you would prefer a shoulder to cry on or a hug, just say it.
- I am very methodical when it comes to choosing a partner, and it takes time. Don’t think I don’t like you just because we’re not moving as fast as you would like. If you want to speed things up, make the first move, I will definitely appreciate this.
- Do not play games with me or do things to try and provoke an emotional response - I will delete you from my life.
- Do be honest about your feelings - I’m barely in touch with my own emotions, how do you expect me to be in touch with yours too?
- PDA? Lol no.
- What you see as criticism, I see as pointing out flaws/holes in your plans/logic. I am not attacking you, I am trying to explain why your idea doesn’t work and I can only do this objectively.
- I need my alone time and lots of space - please respect this.
- (If you’re a P) - I like to have a rough plan in place, if you don’t that’s fine but don’t attack me or call me rigid because of this. Just as you hate feeling restricted and bound by obligations, I hate feeling like there is no order/stability in my life. Compromise is key.
- If you are prone to infrequent emotional outbursts, please tell me beforehand how you would like me to respond. I can guarantee if you don’t, I will just stand there staring at you and probably make things worse. Also, I don’t mind random emotional outbursts - I know what they are like, I just tend to do it even less so than you.
- DO. NOT. INTERFERE. (With my plans and all. Tell me before doing anything)
- No frequent meaningless compliments. It will only make me awkward because I have no idea how to reciprocate.
- I enjoy GOOD, intelligent conversation over small, idle chat. Intelligence is sexy.
- Don’t be an idiot. I laugh at stupidity.
Any more rules people?
(Source: , via theintjway-deactivated20131023)
Being female and INTJ.
Jeez, it’s fucking hard isn’t it?
Some days I think it’s empowering, other days I just fucking hate it.
I hate that all other girls are so superficial and flaky and I just can’t connect with them. I hate that I am always the cold, reserved one in a group of girls (and most of my friends are females).
I hate that 99% of the world just bore me to actual tears. Literally. Well not literally as I don’t have feelings often but if I did…
Hmm I wonder if the experiences of other female INTJs are the same?
I can totally relate. I’m known as the person who’s “always rude” within the group. People just suck
- Mum: We're having a guest tomorrow.
- Me: *shrugs* Okay.
- Mum: You'll have to meet her.
- Me: WHAT? WHY SHOULD I?
- Mum: Because I talked to her about you and your siblings and now she wants to meet you guys.
- Me: WHY WOULD SHE WANT TO MEET ME? SHE'S NOT EVEN MY AGE!
- Mum: *ignores*
- Me: MUM!
- Mum: You will meet her.
- Mum: Aren't you going to change?
- Me: I don't know what to wear.
- Mum: Wear anything.
- Me: I don't have anything to wear.
- Mum: Wear a dress.
- Me: I hate dresses.
- Mum: You'll still have to meet her.